A Course in Miracles Radio: Episode #18
10 Course-Based Principles for Getting Along in a World Full of Conflict
To listen to this episode, click here.
To download the principles, click here.
A Course in Miracles was born when Bill Thetford and Helen Schucman joined to demonstrate “a better way” in their psychology department, a way in which people could cooperate rather than compete. Thus, if A Course in Miracles was the answer to their desire for a better way, it implies it is a handbook for all of us in how to get along. In this episode of A Course in Miracles Radio, Robert Perry and Emily Bennington discuss ten Course-based teachings that can help us become a source of harmony in our daily interactions and in the world.
- Getting along as the genesis of A Course in Miracles (1:45)
- Bill’s “a better way” speech (2:50)
- P1: You are as God created you, not as you made yourself. (7:45)
- Creating vs. making in the Course (11:30)
- P2: I gain from giving, not from getting. (13:15)
- P3: Equality: I am not on a higher level than you. (19:15)
- P4: The past is over. It no longer exists. (26:40)
- P5: Remember only the loving thoughts. Forget all the rest. (33:15)
- P6: I cannot be hurt. I am not the image I am trying to protect (42:00)
- P7: I am doing this unto myself to make you guilty. (46:45)
- P8: Love is what matters. Form is what doesn’t. (54:50)
- P9: Those who attack are poor. Their poverty asks for gifts. (1:00:00)
- P10: Release from guilt rather than using it to motivate. (1:07:00)
A Course in Miracles Radio offers in-depth conversations on Course-related topics from Circle of Atonement founder Robert Perry and executive director Emily Bennington. To learn more about Circle of Atonement offerings for your spiritual journey, including our Complete and Annotated Edition (CE) of A Course in Miracles and our Course Companions online learning community, please visit coa.wpstaging.site.