A Course in Miracles Radio: Episode #22
How Course Scribe Helen Schucman Prayed
To listen to this episode, click here.
To download the accompanying article, click here.
In the early part of the Course’s story, there are at least three instances where its scribe, Helen Schucman, prays for others in an unusual way. On these occasions, she is joining with Jesus and speaking directly to someone in her mind. In this episode of A Course in Miracles Radio, Robert Perry and Emily Bennington discuss Helen’s unique style of prayer and how we can all use it to help ourselves and others adopt a healed point of view.
- Helen’s pre-Course visions (2:15)
- Helen’s style of prayer (4:30)
- Helen’s “magic phase” (5:45)
- Examples of mind-to-mind prayer (11:00)
- Praying with Jesus (13:45)
- Features of mind-to-mind prayer (24:30)
- Prayer as psychotherapy (28:30)
- Palliative / end of life prayer (30:00)
- Does the Holy Spirit need our prayers to be at work in the world? (41:00)
A Course in Miracles Radio offers in-depth conversations on Course-related topics from Circle of Atonement founder Robert Perry and executive director Emily Bennington. To learn more about Circle of Atonement offerings for your spiritual journey, including our Complete and Annotated Edition (CE) of A Course in Miracles and our Course Companions online learning community, please visit coa.wpstaging.site.