Meditation has been a significant part of the Course’s history and practice from the very beginning. This, however, can be difficult to spot since the word itself doesn’t appear much in any volume. Even so, the Workbook in particular wants to train us to use meditation to obtain a state of peace and, eventually, an experience of God and our true Self.
In this podcast, Robert and Emily explore meditation in a Course context. Topics covered include the role of meditation in the Course’s origin, three techniques of Workbook meditation, essential characteristics of Course-based meditation, when to meditate, how long, and more.
You are invited to listen, watch, and / or download this episode using the links below.
To read Robert’s article 12 Remedies for the Wandering Mind, click here.
Additional Circle of Atonement resources:
• Join our mailing list and receive these podcasts via email every other Monday: circleofa.org/subscribe
• Order the Complete and Annotated Edition (CE) of A Course in Miracles and receive our bonus package of gifts (valued at $149): circleofa.org/the-course/
• Join Course Companions, our online learning program, and study with a loving community of fellow students and teachers: coursecompanions.com
• Visit our bookstore featuring dozens of products to enhance your Course study and practice: https://coa-store.org
• Support our work and help us share A Course in Miracles with the world: circleofa.org/donate
Connect with us:
To submit a question or suggest a topic for a future episode, please email email@example.com.
Leave a review:
If you enjoyed this podcast and episode guide, we would greatly appreciate a quick iTunes review. Please search for “Circle of Atonement” in the podcast app on your iOS device and scroll to the “reviews” section. Star ratings are welcome and we also invite you to click “write a review” and share something you’ve learned from this discussion. Reviews are very important and help us reach more listeners like you. Thank you in advance for supporting this podcast.