Read on the ACIM CE App: https://acimce.app/:W-349
Today I let Christ’s vision look upon
all things for me and judge them not, but give
each one a miracle of love instead.
See complete instructions in a separate document. A short summary:
- Read the commentary paragraph slowly and personally.
- Pray the prayer, perhaps several times.
- Morning and evening: Repeat the idea and then spend time in Open Mind Meditation.
- Hourly remembrance: Repeat the idea and then spend time in Open Mind Meditation.
- Frequent reminders: Repeat the idea and then spend a quiet moment in meditation.
- Response to temptation: Repeat the idea whenever upset, to restore peace.
- Read the “What Is” section slowly and thoughtfully once during the day.
“The law of love,” mentioned in the second sentence, has been referred to in lessons 344, 345, and 346. We are likely to forget how Lesson 344 defines it: “Today I learn the law of love: that what I give my brother is my gift to me.” The law of love is the law that giving and receiving are the same, that generosity and loving extension is a practical way of life because what I give, I receive. Understanding what the law of love is, the words of this lesson make perfect sense:
So [by not judging, but giving a miracle of love instead] would I liberate all things I see, and give to them the freedom that I seek. For thus do I obey the law of love, and give what I would find and make my own. (1:1-2)
Do I want others to refrain from judging me, forgive my mistakes, and offer me miracles of love? Let me give what I seek; let me give what I want to find for myself.
Each time I accept a gift of God, I have added to my repertoire of miracles I can give (1:4-5). Each time I give that miracle to another, I have solidified my learning that the miracle belongs to me (1:6). And thus I remember God.
Let me not judge today, but offer miracles of love instead. Let me give what I want to receive.