REVIEW I PRACTICE INSTRUCTIONS
Purpose: To review the lessons and therefore let them sink in a notch deeper. Also, to see how interrelated they are and how cohesive the thought system is that they are leading you to.
Exercise: As often as possible (suggestion: every hour on the hour), for at least two minutes.
- Alone in a quiet place, read one of the five lessons and the related comments. Notice that the comments are written as if they are your own thoughts about the idea. Try to imagine that they are. It will help if you frequently insert your name. This will set you up for the next phase, in which you generate similar thoughts of your own.
- Close your eyes and think about the idea and the comments. Think particularly about the central point of the commentary paragraph. Reflect on it. Let related thoughts come (utilizing the training you’ve received in that practice). If your mind wanders, repeat the idea and then get back to your reflection. This is the same basic exercise as in Lesson 50, in which you actively think about ideas in order to let them sink more deeply into your mind.
- At the beginning and end of the day read all five lessons.
- Thereafter, cover one lesson per practice period, in no particular order.
- Cover each lesson at least once.
- Beyond that, concentrate on a particular lesson if it appeals to you most.