Inequality may seem like a strictly social issue, far from the concerns of the spiritual path. Yet according to A Course in Miracles, the desire and attempt to be unequal—above others—is at the very center of the ego. It was the root of the separation and even now it drives our personal lives. The inequality we see on a social level is just the end result of masses of individuals striving to be above their fellows.
In the face of this universal desire, the Course teaches a radical equality, in which, despite all our surface differences, we are all inherently equal. This even includes history’s most “superior” individual: Jesus. Join us for a discussion of this central issue, in which we explore the ego’s need for inequality, why it backfires, and how we can apply the truth of our fundamental equality in our relationships and daily interactions.
CLICK HERE FOR THE EPISODE GUIDE
You are invited to listen, watch, and / or download this episode using the links below.
Additional Circle of Atonement resources:
• Join our mailing list and receive these podcasts via email every other Monday: circleofa.org/subscribe
• Order the Complete and Annotated Edition (CE) of A Course in Miracles and receive our bonus package of gifts (valued at $149): circleofa.org/the-course/
• Join Course Companions, our online learning program, and study with a loving community of fellow students and teachers: coursecompanions.com
• Visit our bookstore featuring dozens of products to enhance your Course study and practice: https://coa-store.org
• Support our work and help us share A Course in Miracles with the world: circleofa.org/donate
Connect with us:
To submit a question or suggest a topic for a future episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a review:
If you enjoyed this podcast and episode guide, we would greatly appreciate a quick iTunes review. Please search for “Circle of Atonement” in the podcast app on your iOS device and scroll to the “reviews” section. Star ratings are welcome and we also invite you to click “write a review” and share something you’ve learned from this discussion. Reviews are very important and help us reach more listeners like you. Thank you in advance for supporting this podcast.