If the title of this article strikes you as odd, you are not alone. People familiar with A Course in Miracles don’t usually think in terms of its social vision. Doesn’t the Course urge us to “seek not to change the world”? Isn’t our sole responsibility to accept the Atonement for ourselves? Isn’t the Course strictly about how we perceive the world in our own minds?
We at the Circle have been arguing for years that the Course is deeply concerned with our role in uplifting the world, and that it even sees us carrying out this role through a great deal of “busy doing”. In this episode of Exploring A Course in Miracles, Robert Perry and Emily Bennington discuss how we can use our own lives to become an “oasis in the desert” and achieve Jesus’ vision of social change.
You are invited to listen or watch this episode on iTunes or using the link below.
Additional resources from the Circle of Atonement
- The Complete and Annotated Edition (CE) of A Course in Miracles is available in hardback, softcover and Kindle editions* – read more here.
- An online ACIM reference library, with hundreds of free-to-access articles.
- Online store including books, digital mini-courses, and downloadable workshops.
- Course Companions online learning program, designed to walk you through each Volume of ACIM with fellow students, or at your own pace.
- Upcoming workshops and events are listed here.
- You can also find us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on your podcast platform of choice, as this will help us reach other listeners. You are also welcome to make a donation to help support our work at circleofa.org/donate.
*Amazon affiliate links