Monastics are defined in part by their withdrawal from ordinary society as well as by such outer things as distinctive clothing, specific daily schedules, special diet, and other symbolic accoutrements. Yet if we set aside these forms of difference, monasticism has more in common with the Course than you might suspect.
The driving force behind monasticism is that it shoots for the highest spiritual attainment possible. Further, it recognizes that this spiritual summit is so valuable, so precious, that the climb deserves all of us—-heart, mind, body and soul. In this episode of Exploring A Course in Miracles, Robert Perry and Emily Bennington discuss how we can use the discipline and structure of monastics as a model and an inspiration for our own practice everyday.
You are invited to listen or watch this episode on iTunes or using the link below.
Additional Circle of Atonement resources:
• Join our mailing list and receive these podcasts via email every other Monday: circleofa.org/subscribe
• Order the Complete and Annotated Edition (CE) of A Course in Miracles and receive our bonus package of gifts (valued at $149): circleofa.org/the-course/
• Join Course Companions, our online learning program, and study with a loving community of fellow students and teachers: coursecompanions.com
• Visit our bookstore featuring dozens of products to enhance your Course study and practice: https://coa-store.org
• Support our work and help us share A Course in Miracles with the world: circleofa.org/donate
Connect with us:
To submit a question or suggest a topic for a future episode, please email email@example.com.
Leave a review:
If you enjoyed this podcast and episode guide, we would greatly appreciate a quick iTunes review. Please search for “Circle of Atonement” in the podcast app on your iOS device and scroll to the “reviews” section. Star ratings are welcome and we also invite you to click “write a review” and share something you’ve learned from this discussion. Reviews are very important and help us reach more listeners like you. Thank you in advance for supporting this podcast.