Contemporary spirituality constantly tells us that we have to get out of our mind and into our heart. We hear again and again that in order to spiritually awaken we need to “turn off our thinking” and enter into being. A Course in Miracles, however, teaches that sound reasoning is not the enemy of spiritual development, but rather a central tool in the process. In this episode of Exploring A Course in Miracles, Robert and Emily discuss why the Course considers logic and reason among the most powerful means we have for dispelling ego-based emotions that seem to have us in their grip.
You are invited to listen or watch this episode on iTunes or using the link below.
Additional resources from the Circle of Atonement
- The Complete and Annotated Edition (CE) of A Course in Miracles is available in hardback, softcover and Kindle editions* – read more here.
- An online ACIM reference library, with hundreds of free-to-access articles.
- Online store including books, digital mini-courses, and downloadable workshops.
- Course Companions online learning program, designed to walk you through each Volume of ACIM with fellow students, or at your own pace.
- Upcoming workshops and events are listed here.
- You can also find us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on your podcast platform of choice, as this will help us reach other listeners. You are also welcome to make a donation to help support our work at circleofa.org/donate.
*Amazon affiliate links