When it comes to the topic of specialness, the Course is challenging something in us that we have hoped to keep forever hidden and safely undisturbed. The goal to achieve “special favor”, the Course says, is what originally drove the separation and it’s what drives us now – to disastrous effect. Accordingly, the reason we all hide our quest for specialness, even from ourselves, is the very reason we need to give it up: Specialness puts us at war with all our brothers. It therefore makes us fundamentally alone. In this podcast, Robert and Emily have a very candid discussion on facing our addiction to being special – human race’s guilty secret—and how we can let go of this need in recognition of our equal holiness and worth.
You are invited to listen or watch this episode on iTunes or using the link below.
Additional Circle of Atonement resources:
• Join our mailing list and receive these podcasts via email every other Monday: circleofa.org/subscribe
• Order the Complete and Annotated Edition (CE) of A Course in Miracles and receive our bonus package of gifts (valued at $149): circleofa.org/the-course/
• Join Course Companions, our online learning program, and study with a loving community of fellow students and teachers: coursecompanions.com
• Visit our bookstore featuring dozens of products to enhance your Course study and practice: https://coa-store.org
• Support our work and help us share A Course in Miracles with the world: circleofa.org/donate
Connect with us:
To submit a question or suggest a topic for a future episode, please email email@example.com.
Leave a review:
If you enjoyed this podcast and episode guide, we would greatly appreciate a quick iTunes review. Please search for “Circle of Atonement” in the podcast app on your iOS device and scroll to the “reviews” section. Star ratings are welcome and we also invite you to click “write a review” and share something you’ve learned from this discussion. Reviews are very important and help us reach more listeners like you. Thank you in advance for supporting this podcast.