When it comes to the topic of specialness, the Course is challenging something in us that we have hoped to keep forever hidden and safely undisturbed. The goal to achieve “special favor”, the Course says, is what originally drove the separation and it’s what drives us now – to disastrous effect. Accordingly, the reason we all hide our quest for specialness, even from ourselves, is the very reason we need to give it up: Specialness puts us at war with all our brothers. It therefore makes us fundamentally alone. In this podcast, Robert and Emily have a very candid discussion on facing our addiction to being special – human race’s guilty secret—and how we can let go of this need in recognition of our equal holiness and worth.
You are invited to listen or watch this episode on iTunes or using the link below.
Additional resources from the Circle of Atonement
- The Complete and Annotated Edition (CE) of A Course in Miracles is available in hardback, softcover and Kindle editions* – read more here.
- An online ACIM reference library, with hundreds of free-to-access articles.
- Online store including books, digital mini-courses, and downloadable workshops.
- Course Companions online learning program, designed to walk you through each Volume of ACIM with fellow students, or at your own pace.
- Upcoming workshops and events are listed here.
- You can also find us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on your podcast platform of choice, as this will help us reach other listeners. You are also welcome to make a donation to help support our work at circleofa.org/donate.
*Amazon affiliate links