We are living through an unprecedented moment in history. It’s a moment where pockets of the world have been willing to finally look at the gaping wound of racism and what it’s doing to us. As Americans, we know this wound is a central part our origin story but what feels different about this time is the degree to which those who are outside the black the community are willing to not only examine white privilege, but willing to examine its contribution to the dishonoring and disenfranchisement of our black brothers and sisters. This includes acknowledging the ways in which contributions from the black community to so much of what we take for granted, and so much of what we consider sacred, have been undervalued and unappreciated.
The movie “Hidden Figures” captured this concept in the story of three black women who were behind very successful missions at NASA, and whose stories were not widely known until recently. A Course in Miracles has its own “hidden figure” and that’s what we talk about in this episode of Exploring A Course in Miracles with our guest Freedom Cartwright.
All of us at the Circle wish to thank Freedom and Laura Yates Campoli for their dedication to bringing this story to light.
You are invited to listen or watch this episode on iTunes or using the link below.
Additional Circle of Atonement resources:
• Join our mailing list and receive these podcasts via email every other Monday: circleofa.org/subscribe
• Order the Complete and Annotated Edition (CE) of A Course in Miracles and receive our bonus package of gifts (valued at $149): circleofa.org/the-course/
• Join Course Companions, our online learning program, and study with a loving community of fellow students and teachers: coursecompanions.com
• Visit our bookstore featuring dozens of products to enhance your Course study and practice: https://coa-store.org
• Support our work and help us share A Course in Miracles with the world: circleofa.org/donate
Connect with us:
To submit a question or suggest a topic for a future episode, please email email@example.com.
Leave a review:
If you enjoyed this podcast and episode guide, we would greatly appreciate a quick iTunes review. Please search for “Circle of Atonement” in the podcast app on your iOS device and scroll to the “reviews” section. Star ratings are welcome and we also invite you to click “write a review” and share something you’ve learned from this discussion. Reviews are very important and help us reach more listeners like you. Thank you in advance for supporting this podcast.